Monday, January 23, 2006

Introducing Twist

Twist is done! I am quite pleased at how this came out, despite my extra-long sleeves. You can see how I have them folded up in this photo, but I don't think they look all that bad.

Pattern Notes:

"Twist", pattern available from ChicKnits. Knitted in Cascade 220, color #9545 (Purple Heather) on US size 6 needles.

I really enjoyed this pattern. I had some difficulties but they were definitely my fault, not the designer's! Cascade 220 is a wonderful yarn--very soft and reasonably priced, with a huge color selection. I see more Cascade in my future. I think this pattern would have been a quick knit had I not made all kinds of mistakes. I started it in early November, ugh I am slow!

Here is a photo of the cardigan when it is open, and without a flash: I also spent this weekend knitting up a spiral scarf in the Berrocco Optik I wound last week. I used a pattern that was posted on the Knitter's Review Forums. The pattern was very simple:

Use 150 to 190 yards of yarn on Size 11 or 13 needles. Cast on 90 stitches. *Knit one row. Next row, knit into the front and back of every stitch.* Repeat between *'s two more times. Knit one row. Bind off.

Unfortunately I can't find the thread anymore, and I don't know who posted it, so hopefully whoever it was won't be upset that I posted it here!

This may not have been the best yarn for this pattern, but I like the way it looks...very crazy! For some reason it makes me think of Jimi Hendrix, heh heh. I am going to give it to a friend who likes lots of color and texture in her clothes, so I think it should go over well. While I was in Bangor, I bought two more skeins of this yarn at half price (in a different color) so I can make one for another friend's birthday. I think I am going to make each of them a hat too, plus a hat for myself with some Lion Brand Homespun I picked up this weekend. I forgot to take pictures of the new yarn, oh well!


Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 24, 2006 7:46 AM, Blogger lobstah said...

It's really warm here too (of course, 30 to 35 degrees qualifies as warm here).

That would be cool to write a blog about Casper and riding. If nothing else it's a good way to keep a journal of your progress. The best thing about it is finding other bloggers who share your interests; you have a group of people who will cheer you on and can give advice when needed :)

 
At January 24, 2006 7:13 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Wow, Chris. Good job. Twist came out great. It looks like it's a perfect fit.

 
At January 30, 2006 7:43 AM, Blogger Bonne Marie said...

LOVE Love love the Twist - you are so lovely!

Your color choice and craftsmanship is just fabulous - thank you so much for using this pattern -

I am raising my cuppa in a toast to you this morning - it is a *warm* 36 degrees here in Chicago...

BRAVA!

 
At January 30, 2006 11:40 AM, Blogger Prachi said...

I love your cardigan, Lobstah! Both the colour and the yarn and it fits you really well. You're tempting me to consider this pattern in Cascade, which is one of my favourite yarns. Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home