Friday, January 13, 2006

Ahhh...the Weekend is Upon Us

Another balmy day...about 40 degrees. So warm that I actually walked back to work after lunch (yes, I get to go home for lunch). The best part is that I am on the brink of a delightful, wonderful, much-appreciated three-day weekend! Ahhh yes...Too bad the weather doesn't look good though. It is supposed to rain all day Saturday and then start snowing Sunday and temperatures will drop. I guess I should really get cracking on those mittens, since it looks like our winter repreive is almost up.

The good news is that Twist's pieces are blocking:

Here is a view of the cables on the front pieces:

The bad news is, I'm nervous about whether this thing is gonna fit me. The pieces seem really big; I think the sleeves might be too long; the sleeves seem like they're different widths...I need to stop this negative thinking now! Hopefully I am just being the worrywart that I tend to be. Anyway, if it turns out bad, it'll just be a house sweater.

In the interests of science and of bettering myself this year, I kept a food diary for the last 8 days. I was mostly just curious what my average daily calorie intake was, and lo and behold I was right on target for my size, gender, and activity level (my activity level is "low", but I'm trying to change that). I did have one really high calorie day (2,494 cals!), but it was the beer's fault, dammit! Anyway, it all balances out over a week. I was really surprised at how well I eat, but this is one benefit of living in a place where you can't get any good takeout. I guess I also would not recommend this experiment over the Christmas holidays, ha ha.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! If it stops raining, I'm gonna try to go x-country skiing and get that activity level up to "moderate."
Oh yeah, and I just have to put this funny picture in for National De-Lurking Week. I doubt I have many (or any) lurkers, but just in case--Come on out of that shell and leave a comment! :)



Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Wow, Chris. Twist looks amazing! The cables came out beautiful. I think the sleeves look the same size from the picture and I'm sure it will fit perfectly. You're just worrying too much, I'm sure. Can't wait to see it all seamed together.

 
At January 16, 2006 6:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wooo Hooo!! Finally! ;-) Like I could ever even make one piece of that sweater. Hee hee!

Hope you didn't get too much snow, unless that helps your cross country skiing fun. It's midnight here and we are getting our first snow since I've been here. It's the pretty fake snow like they show in movies.

Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home