Monday, December 19, 2005

Finally, Some Knitting Content!

I finally have some knitting pictures to post! I recently finished a pair of mittens for my boyfriend, who shall henceforth be known as "G." (name has been changed to protect the innocent :) :) :))


These are the "Maplewood Mittens" from the book Favorite Mittens by Robin Hansen. I knitted them in Fisherman's 2-ply from Bartlett Yarns. This was my first foray into the world of two-color knitting and I really love this technique, despite some early frustrations. I can't wait to make a two-color sweater. But first, I have another pair of mittens on tap for myself...the "Labrador Diamonds" pattern from the same book. Mine should go much faster, since I will be making the largest children's size!

I am also slowly working my way through the "Twist" cardi from Chicknits. I am knitting it in Cascade 220 in color #9454 "Plum Heather." Here is a picture of the back:

And the fronts:


I took this one without the flash in order to show the texture of the cables better. But I think the one of the back (taken with flash) shows the color better. When I bought this pattern, I kept picturing it in a heathered color (I think the one on Chicknits was done in blue heather--at least it looks that way to me), and I just fell in love with this purple yarn. I really hope this comes out well because it's the type of thing that I will wear a lot.

This weekend, I was almost up to the armhole shaping on the left front, when I realized my gauge had gotten way too tight! So I had to rip it to the point shown above. Oh, well.

G. left on Saturday to visit some friends for a few days in New Hampshire and Boston, and then tomorrow he is leaving from there to his parent's in Connecticut. I am going to Conn. for Christmas too, but I have to work until Thursday! Bah! To treat myself I bought a big box of Lucky Charms...if sugary marshmallow goodness can't get me through this week, nothing can!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home